Whether it’s from your pet or your head, long hair can be quite difficult to pick up using a vacuum cleaner. Compared to small debris and crumbs, long hair is quite different in shape and size, making it difficult to clean and may even cause issues to your vacuum. Fortunately, with the best vacuum for long hair, there will be no more tangling and clogging.
- 1 8 Best Vacuum for Long Hair 2020
- 1.1 1. Shark Navigator Upright Vacuum Technology : Best Overall Option
- 1.2 2. Bissell Cleanview Upright Vacuum Bagless Cleaner : Best Budget Option
- 1.3 3. Compact C1 Pure Suction Vacuum Cleaner : Best Canister Vacuum
- 1.4 4. Hoover Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum : Best Cordless Option
- 1.5 5. Severin Nonstop Corded Canister Vacuum : Best Silent Vacuum
- 1.6 6. Dyson V8 Animal Cordless Stick Vacuum : Best Stick Vacuum
- 1.7 7. Dyson V11 Torque Drive Cordless Vacuum : Best High-End Vacuum
- 1.8 8. amarey Robot Vacuum : Best Robotic Vacuum
- 2 How to Choose the Best Vacuum for Long Hair
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Conclusion
8 Best Vacuum for Long Hair 2020
|Shark Navigator Upright Vacuum Technology - Best Overall Option||
|Bissell Cleanview Upright Vacuum Bagless Cleaner - Best Budget Option||
|Compact C1 Pure Suction Vacuum Cleaner - Best Canister Vacuum||
|Hoover Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum - Best Cordless Option||
|Severin Nonstop Corded Canister Vacuum - Best Silent Vacuum||
|Dyson V8 Animal Cordless Stick Vacuum - Best Stick Vacuum||
|Dyson V11 Torque Drive Cordless Vacuum - Best High-End Vacuum||
|amarey Robot Vacuum - Best Robotic Vacuum||
You will love the Shark Navigator Upright Vacuum cleaner because it is built with a lot of features that make your cleaning routine easy even when dealing with long hair on the floor. The Shark Navigator is made with Zero-M technology to protect your home against all sorts of hair. The technology works by removing any long hair from the vacuum’s brushroll to prevent tangling.
A bristle guard separates the hair from the brushroll after which an integrated comb removes the hair from the bristles. The hair is then sucked into a dust cap, leaving your vacuum ready to deep-clean again. The HEPA filter ensures that allergens and dust particles are trapped inside the vacuum. Another feature that makes the Shark Navigator be a popular vacuum is its versatility.
You can use it as an upright vacuum making it ideal for cleaning whatever kind of carpet or floor. You can also switch to the Lift-away mode by removing its canister. This allows you to extend your reach so that you can clean areas above the floors such as the staircase, ceilings, furniture, and any other hard-to-reach areas. We also loved its swivel steering that makes it easy to maneuver the vacuum around the house. The vacuum is also fitted with smooth-gliding wheels that allow you to move it around the furniture with a lot of ease. Its powerful suction ensures that you deep-clean your carpet by sucking up all the debris including the ones that are buried deep in the carpet.
- Assembling the vacuum is quite easy.
- Individuals who are allergic can also safely use it since it traps 99.9% of dust and allergens.
- Powerful suction ensures that it deep cleans.
- The canister is very easy to detach so that you can empty it without any stress.
- Its lightweight design gives you heightened maneuverability and control.
- The suction has two settings; one for hard surfaces like hardwood floors and the other for carpets.
- The power cord is between 25 to 30 feet long.
- It’s very easy to use.
- Doesn’t fit under tight furniture
- Making a sharp corner while vacuuming is a bit difficult.
2. Bissell Cleanview Upright Vacuum Bagless Cleaner : Best Budget Option
If you are on a budget, you can still get a good vacuum cleaner for long hair that will be up to the task. The Bissell Cleanview Bagless Vacuum has all the features that you will want to have in your vacuum. It’s One Pass Technology that incorporates an innovative brush design with powerful suction. This blend ensures that you deep clean any debris with just a single pass.
Another feature that has made the Bissell Cleanview Upright Vacuum to be considered among the best is its Multi-Cyclonic suction. This suction system is powerful enough to capture and keep any dirt and hair in the bin. The vacuum is also lightweight hence easy to maneuver so that you can clean even the places that may seem hard to reach.
The Bissell Cleanview vacuum comes with a 25-ft cord. This, together with a 6-foot hose, ensures that you have a pretty impressive reach while cleaning your home. This vacuum was designed with pet owners in mind. When you buy it, you get specialized pet tools that will help you in grooming your pet. It is ergonomically designed to give you an easy grip while operating your vacuum. This ensures that your hands feel protected even when you use it for longer periods. Its washable filters make it suitable for people with dust allergies. That’s not all, for every Bissell vacuum you purchase, the company donates up to 10 dollars to various pet foundations. This shows that the company cares about pets.
- You can easily empty its contents in a hands-free way, without getting your fingers dirty.
- It comes with a 2-year warranty.
- Available at an affordable price tag.
- You can perfectly clean furniture, upholstery, stairs and many more.
- Lightweight design makes it easy to carry around and push.
- Powerful suction captures all dirt and hair.
- Multi-level filtration system capable of trapping dust and particles.
- Fitted with a brush tool that lifts long hair from the floor.
- It’s a corded model.
- Servicing the brush or replacing the belt is a bit of a hassle.
3. Compact C1 Pure Suction Vacuum Cleaner : Best Canister Vacuum
In recent years, upright vacuums have become very popular. However, some people still prefer a canister style vacuums. If you think canister vacuums are outdated, the Compact C1 Pure Suction Vacuum Cleaner from Miele will make you change your mind. First, it features a Vortex Motor that is powerful enough to provide enough suction for a powerful cleaning routine.
You can adjust the suction power to 6 different settings to give you optimal cleaning results. The Compact C1 Vacuum cleaner can perfectly clean both low-pile carpets and hard floors. It comes with a footswitch so that you can switch from carpeting to hard floors with ease. Its rubberized wheels ensure that you easily glide it across your floor without causing any scratch.
Its AirClean filter system comprises of motor protection filter, and AirClean exhaust filter and a Miele dust bag. This ensures maximum air filtration leaving the air in your room cleaner than it was before you started cleaning. No dust and dirt can escape out of the vacuum thanks to its self-sealing collar. This Miele vacuum is fitted with a stainless steel wand that gives you a 29.5-foot cleaning radius. Most users also love the compact design that makes it lightweight and easy to move around. It is head and vacuum part is not motorized, making its entire handheld part much lighter. The lighter head makes this vacuum easy to maneuver around your furniture. The vacuum also operates quietly, even on the highest setting, ensuring that you don’t disturb your neighbors or members of your family.
- It comes with multiple attachments that are simple and work.
- Has an on and off foot accessible switch.
- Easy to assemble.
- Its retractable power cord is super awesome.
- It rolls nicely and smoothly without damaging your floors.
- The handle is ergonomically designed making it feel comfortable on your hands.
- Customized cleaning since you can choose from six different suction settings.
- It only comes with a single dust bag.
- Quite expensive.
4. Hoover Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum : Best Cordless Option
If you are looking for a classic cordless vacuum with all the latest features, then the Hoover Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum is the right choice. Due to its cordless nature, the Hoover vacuum gives you the freedom to clean anywhere. Its interchangeable lithium-ion batteries ensure that you can replace the batteries at the end of their lifespan.
There will be no need of moving your furniture around while vacuuming. Its extreme recline handles allow you to reach even the tightest of spaces. You are assured of removing all the dirt, hair and dust with just one sweep. This is because of the vacuum’s edge cleaning bristles. That’s not all, the Hoover’s WindTunnel Technology creates a channel of powerful suction that lifts and removes any deep embedded dirt and debris.
The vacuum weighs less than 10 pounds. You can easily and effortlessly carry it around from room to room if you want to vacuum the whole, house. You can also transition from hard floors to carpets with ease. The Multi-Floor Cleaning feature allows you to switch from the two different cleaning modes. The Hoover vacuum cleaner is designed to be easy to use. Its intuitive power controls are conveniently positioned right at your fingertips. The vacuum also has a battery fuel gauge that lets you know of how much battery your vacuum is left with. Its wide cleaning path shortens your cleaning time by ensuring that you cover more surface.
- You get to know when it’s time to charge your vacuum cleaner from the battery gauge.
- It’s easy to empty.
- You get to clean a large area in a short time because of its wide cleaning path.
- Powerful suction and super long-lasting battery life.
- Its low-profile base makes it easy to bend it underneath furniture.
- Ergonomic handle to make it comfortable for you to hold it in your hands.
- Lightweight design makes it easily portable.
- Cordless design allows you to even vacuum any part of the house.
- The batter gets damaged if left on charge for too long.
- The battery may need to be replaced after some time.
5. Severin Nonstop Corded Canister Vacuum : Best Silent Vacuum
Users have praised this Severin Canister vacuum for being the most silent vacuum. Besides being silent, this vacuum is made with Multi-Cyclone technology. As a result, it a powerful suction performance that enables it to lift all the dirt from the surfaces. It is perfect for cleaning both carpets and hard floors.
If you are suffering from allergies, then this vacuum is ideal for you. Its HEPA filter ensures that the air it blows out is cleaned from any dust particles, pollen, mite allergens, and odors.The vacuum filters up to 99.995% of the air. The vacuum comes with several tools that are very useful in cleaning different surfaces. For example, its parquet nozzle is useful in cleaning all types of hard floors.
It also comes with a 6-inch suction hose, an easytouch telescopic tube 3 different accessory set for vacuuming crevices, furniture, and upholsteries. The Severin Nonstop vacuum is made of high-quality materials so that it will have a longer lifespan. Its controls and motors are made to go through standardized durability tests that simulate a minimum service life of 10 years. The materials are also exposed to breakage tests to make sure that the vacuum can withstand vigorous usage. The vacuum is also designed to be energy efficient since it optimizes energy consumption without any compromise to its functionality. The vacuum model is also lightweight and simple to use. Its ergonomic handles ensurethat your hands stay comfortable throughout the vacuuming session.
- It comes with plenty of attachments.
- It is exceptionally quiet.
- Amazing suction power that sucks up all the pet and human hairs with a lot of ease.
- Easytouch telescopic tube allows you to adjust the handle to your preferred height.
- The vacuum glides across the floor easily.
- It is easy to empty the canister.
- It comes with a crevice tool for getting pet hair off your furniture.
- Reasonably priced as compared to other canister vacuums.
- It is bagless and the filter is washable.
- The power cord is only 6-feet long, which is very short.
- Some of its parts are made of plastic.
6. Dyson V8 Animal Cordless Stick Vacuum : Best Stick Vacuum
When it comes to stick vacuums with the most power, Dyson V8 Animal Stick vacuum is always at the top of the list It features a powerful motor that is located inside the brush bar. The motor drives stiff bristles that are capable of going deep into the carpet pile. This ensures that it can remove deep-lying dirt and pet hair from your carpet with just one pass over your carpet.
In terms of design, the Dyson V8 Animal features a handheld base attached to a wand. The handheld portion consists of a dust bin, a release button for the dust bin, a HEPA filter, a power mode switch and a switch for powering the unit. The Dyson V8 vacuum transforms the way people clean their homes since you can detach the stick off the base unit. This allows you to have a smaller cleaning tool for reaching and cleaning those tight corners.
The Dyson V8 vacuum cleans using two different styles of cleaning. First, the motorized brushroll cleaning is for agitating and lifting debris and dirt off carpeted surfaces. The soft roller cleaning, on the other hand, is suitable for hard floors. It rolls over and sucks larger debris on the floor surface. After the debris is sucked up, it goes through the vacuum’s HEPA filtration system so that the dirt is filtered out and stored efficiently. When you buy the Dyson V8 you get a nice variety of cleaning accessories. These accessories include a soft dusting brush, a crevice tool, a motorized brushroll, and a soft roller cleaning head. The vacuum is fitted with a quick-release button that allows you to easily snap the accessories in and out of the vacuum.
- Its cordless design makes it very convenient to use.
- Its cleaning heads turn with a lot of ease, giving you easy control.
- Lightweight design and maneuverability are one of its strong suits.
- Can be easily transformed into a handheld vacuum.
- The battery can last for up to 24 months before being replaced.
- The battery has a runtime of up to 40 minutes.
- An excellent filtration system makes it perfect for people with allergies.
- Quite pricey.
- A little bit heavy as compared to other vacuums.
7. Dyson V11 Torque Drive Cordless Vacuum : Best High-End Vacuum
The Dyson V11 Torque Drive sits in the cutting edge of vacuum cleaner technology. It is a cordless stick vacuum with 60-minute battery life and can convert to a handheld vacuum. It is designed with several high tech features that set it above the rest. It comes with several accessories straight out of the box. These accessories include a crevice tool, a high torque cleaning head that is fitted with a dynamic load sensor, a dirt brush, a minimotorized tool, a charger, and a combination tool.
These accessories are what you need to tackle any vacuuming task. It boasts of a high suction power that can easily deal with dog fur clumps and long human hairs. There will be nothing on your floor that the Dyson V11 will not pick up. Another of its game-changing features is its LCD that is positioned to always face you when you are using the vacuum. The display lets you know how much battery time you are left with-in minutes and seconds-so as to eliminate battery anxiety.
The display is very useful since it will also show you when it’s time to clean the filter. In case of a blockage, the display will show you its location. Its dynamic load sensor automatically detects the type of floor surface and adjusts to the suitable vacuuming mode. One of the greatest features of this vacuum is its ability to convert to a handheld vacuum. You can therefore easily clean hard to reach areas like the ceiling or even use it to clean your car. For cordless stick vacuums, battery life and capacity have always proven to be a challenge. The bigger the battery, the heavier the vacuum. Dyson V11 Vacuum has managed to design a high capacity battery without compromising the portability of the vacuum. Its battery is a 7-cell nickel-cobalt-aluminum type and delivers 60-minutes of battery life.
- Delivers twice the suction power of any cordless vacuum.
- Automatically adapts to different types of floor.
- LCD screen lets you know how much battery life is left.
- Excellent filtration system that captures 99.97% of dust and other allergens.
- Versatile since it can also clean your car.
- Compact design makesit easy to maneuver.
- Long battery life.
- You will have to hold its power trigger on for as long as you are using it.
8. amarey Robot Vacuum : Best Robotic Vacuum
If you don’t fancy spending your time vacuuming your floors, then you can have the reliable Amarey Robot Vacuum cleaner do the job for you. With a powerful suction of up to 1400PA, not even the annoying pet hair will be difficult for this vacuum to pick up. This robotic vacuum does its job quietly without producing any disturbing noise.
The Amarey Robot Vacuum is designed to do everything on its own. Once you have set it, you don’t have to babysit it while it vacuums your floors. You can send your time doing other things. It is fitted with a floor transition and intelligent sensor which automatically senses the floor type and switching to the required suction power. The feature helps to optimize battery power by switching to the right mode. The vacuum operates in 4 cleaning modes. You can select the cleaning mode that you feel will suit your needs. It comes with a remote control to allow you to control it from a distance. What we loved about this vacuum is that you can schedule it to start cleaning at a particular time. Its high-efficiency filer and spinning brushes ensure that it does a good job of cleaning your house.
- Long battery charge life of up to 100 minutes.
- Super thin design allows it to go in tight spaces under furniture.
- Intelligently navigates the entire room to clean it.
- Fitted with a high-efficiency and washable filter.
- Automatically returns itself to its charging dock when it is running low on power.
- Setting it up is super easy and quick.
- Very quiet.
- Not durable enough as compared to other vacuums.
- You cannot use it to clean furniture.
How to Choose the Best Vacuum for Long Hair
Finding the best vacuum for long hair may be quite tough because they are not made or advertised with their ability to pick up long hair as the main focus. This makes it tough to know exactly what to look for when buying a vacuum that can handle long hair. However, if you want to get the best vacuum for long hair, you should consider the following features.
1. Pet Compatibility
Vacuums that are labeled as being “pet-friendly” are usually the best at picking up pet hair and human hair from the surfaces they clean. They are designed with tangle-free brush rolls and arealso fitted with special accessories for picking up clumps of shedded hair.
The suction power your vacuum has, the better it will be at dealing with long hair. You can work out whether the vacuum of your choice has enough power by going through its consumer reviews. Most upright and canister vacuums produce a good balance of power that makes them perfect for long hair.
3. Type of Vacuum
There are different vacuum varieties available to us in the modern age. Each of these vacuum types hasits own strengths and weaknesses. These vacuums include robot vacuums, handheld vacuums, upright vacuums, and canister vacuums.
Robot vacuums will intelligently route your home and do the job on their own. However, they cannot clean any upholstery or furniture. They only clean the floors. Handheld vacuums are great for cleaning hard to reach areas. Canister models are quite compact in terms of size and produce enough suction power to deal with stubborn clumps of hair.
Upright vacuums are easy to use and are very versatile since some models can easily convert to handheld vacuums for cleaning awkward areas.
4. Cordless or Corded
Whether you go for a cordless vacuum or a corded one, there is no impact on the vacuum’s ability to pick up hair. However, since cordless vacuums run on batteries, vacuuming a large area on a single battery charge may be a challenge. For corded vacuums, you will require an electrical outlet nearby every time you operate it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How can You Clean a Bagless Vacuum?
A: Cleaning your bagless vacuum should be a simple process. Ensure that you take your vacuum outside before you detach the dustbin from it. Keep in mind that even if you empty your dustbin, it will still have some residue left in it that you don’t want to release inside your house. Ensure that you have turned your vacuum off. You can then use a damp cloth to remove the stubborn dirt. You should then dry the bin before attaching it back to your vacuum.
Q: How Do I Know I Need to Clean or Change the Filters?
A: Most manufacturers advise that the filters should be changed once after a year or two, depending on the frequency of usage. However, if you notice things like funny odor coming from your vacuum, then it is time for you to clean or replace the filters.
Q: How Often Should I Change the Vacuum Bag?
A: Well, this will depend on the capacity of your bag or how frequently you vacuum your house. Most vacuum cleaners are built with bag change indicators that let you know when its time to change your bag. These indicators work by detecting the rate of airflow inside the bag. If the bag is full, there will be reduced airflow.
Q: Should Allergy Sufferer’s Go for Vacuum Cleaners with Dust Bags?
A: Yes. Vacuum cleaners with dust bags tend to be generally healthier for people who are suffering from allergies. The bags ensure that no dust particles get out into the air.
Having long hair is fun and beautiful. Having a pet is also one of the best feelings in the world. However, they both come with a challenge when it comes to vacuuming. Long hair tends to clog most vacuum cleaners. However, with the best vacuum for long hair, there will be no more problematic cleaning routines.
We have sorted out for you the best vacuum cleaners that can handle cleaning all kinds of debris including longhair from your carpet or floor without any problem. Out of the list, which vacuum cleaner caught your eyes the most? For us, it is the Shark Navigator Upright Vacuum with Zero-M Anti-Hair Wrap Technology. Its Zero-M technology ensures that no hair clogs its brushroll so that it can clean your floor unchallenged. We also loved how easily you can switch from the upright position to the lift-away mode to clean areas like the staircase and furniture.