Sometimes you might not be very comfortable lying horizontally in bed due to a number of factors. When that is the case, maybe you should try sleeping in a recliner seat. You might find the comfort you’re looking for in a recliner seat and fall asleep within minutes of lying yourself in one. Since there are many of these products on the market, it’s very essential that you find the best recliners for sleeping. This will guarantee you the comfort and all the functions you need in a recliner seat. But for you to find the best product, you will need to choose a recliner seat wisely.
- 1 How Do You Choose the Best Recliners for Sleeping?
- 2 What Are Some of the Best Recliners for Sleeping 2020?
- 2.1 1. Ashley Furniture Signature Design – Best for Generous Spacing
- 2.2 2. NHI Express 71004-91 Aiden Champion Recliner – For Added Comfort
- 2.3 3. Homall Single Recliner Chair – Perfect for Wider Armrests
- 2.4 4. Deluxe Heavily Padded Contemporary Recliner – Ideal for Children
- 2.5 5. Irene House Lays Flat Dual Motor Electric Power Recliner – Ideal for Heavier People
- 2.6 6. Domesis Renu Leather Wall Hugger Power Lift Chair Recliner – Ideal for Saving Floor Space
- 2.7 7. Mcombo Electric Power Lift Recliner Chair Sofa for Elderly – Perfect for Elderly People
- 2.8 8. ANJ Chair Contemporary Leather Recliner Chair – Best for Ease of Assembly
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- 4 Conclusion
How Do You Choose the Best Recliners for Sleeping?
Choosing the best recliners for sleeping involves considering the following factors:
1. The frame materials
The material of the frame will determine the weight capacity of your recliner seat. As such, you should choose a recliner seat that features a sturdy frame material. Most recliner seats feature either hardwood or steel frame. Steel frames are sturdier than hardwood frames and they’re pricier. If you have heavy body weight, you could buy a recliner seat with a steel frame. But if your weight is average, you could buy a hardwood framed recliner seat.
2. Your residential space
The size of the available space in your living or bedroom will inform your purchasing decision. The more space you have, the wider the recliner seat that you can buy. Make sure that the recliner seat leaves 1 to 3 feet of space from the wall so that you can move about freely in your room. If you have a small space available, a wall-hugger recliner seat is ideal for you.
3. The upholstery material
The best recliners for sleeping have high-quality upholstery materials that are durable and easy to clean. Also, their upholstery feels comfortable on the skin, giving you plush comfort for sound sleeping. You should, therefore, check the upholstery for quality.
Some of the upholstery materials that you should make sure feature in your recliner seat are full-grain leather, synthetic microfiber or chenille. These materials clean very easily and feels soft on the skin. Also, they’re durable, meaning your recliner seat will retain its brand new look for long!
4. The style of the recliner seat
Recliners for sleep feature a variety of styles to choose from. There are rocker recliners, ideal for people who suffer from insomnia and lift chair recliners that are ideal for people who have issues getting up from a seat on their own. There is another style, wall-hugger recliners, ideal for people with limited residential space. Lift chair recliners are power-operated, which means you will have to consider the power and quality of the motors that operate them.
These recliners usually feature a remote controller which makes using them quite easy. Some recliners also feature manual operation. They will need you to push back their backrest and pull forward their footrests. If you live upcountry where power failure is a daily occurrence, then they might be an ideal option.
5. The reclining position
The angle at which a recliner seat reclines is a factor to consider before spending your hard-earned cash. Some recliner seats recline at 45 degrees, making them have only 2 reclining positions- upright and 45 degrees. Others recline up to 140 degrees, giving you three seat positions. Some recliner seats go up to 180 degrees such that you lie horizontally in them. You will, therefore, choose a recliner seat with your preferred reclining positions.
6. Extra features
There are recliner seats that have other features such as cup holders, USB ports and storage compartments. These recliners are ideal for people who love to drink their favorite drinks as they relax in their recliner seats. Also, if you would love to charge your smartphone or iPad as you relax, you will find these recliners very useful. Book lovers are also not left behind. Depending on your hobby, you could choose a recliner seat with one or all of these features.
7. The comfort a recliner seat offers
You want to stay as comfortable as possible as you sleep in your recliner seat. A recliner seat might be comfortable for one user and uncomfortable for another. Comfort is a personal preference. Some people love soft padding while others love hard and solid paddings. Other people love leather upholstery because it’s comfortable for them.
On the contrary, some people find leather to be uncomfortable and prefer microfiber fabrics. As such, you will have to find your preferred comfort standards in a recliner seat. You will be sure to find the best recliners for sleeping if you follow this factor.
8. Your budget
You will need to have a budget plan for getting your preferred recliner seat. Once you’ve set aside a given amount of money for shopping, you will have to look for a recliner seat with all the features you want within that budget. This is one of the ways of getting the best recliners for sleeping.
What Are Some of the Best Recliners for Sleeping 2020?
|Ashley Furniture Signature Design||
|NHI Express 71004-91 Aiden Champion Recliner||
|Homall Single Recliner Chair||
|Deluxe Heavily Padded Contemporary Recliner||
|Irene House Lays Flat Dual Motor Electric Power Recliner||
|Domesis Renu Leather Wall Hugger Power Lift Chair Recliner||
|Mcombo Electric Power Lift Recliner Chair Sofa for Elderly||
|ANJ Chair Contemporary Leather Recliner Chair||
1. Ashley Furniture Signature Design – Best for Generous Spacing
This recliner chair supports up to 300 pounds of weight. Since most people are within this range, there’s a higher chance that it will support your weight. This recliner features two motors in its design. One motor controls the power lift function of the chair while the other one controls the recline motion of the back and footrest.
This chair has a simple wired remote control attached to its side that you can use to control the motors. Just with the touch of a button, you set your favorite seating position. All the seat functions work independently. You can control the seat’s back and footrest separately with the remote control.
Also, this recliner seat has a battery backup system that comes in handy when there’s a power failure. A pair of 9V batteries power this backup system. You can. Therefore, operate your recliner seat even when you don’t have mains electricity in your homestead.
This recliner seat is very comfortable since it’s generously padded with conventional block foam. The seat uses bonded leather upholstery, which is relatively durable. The backrest and armrests have sufficient padding to make you as comfortable as possible. Also, this recliner seat has a pair of roomy pockets, one on each side. You could store away your favorite book, magazine, newspaper or a mobile electronic device in one of these pockets for use next time. The whole unit is sturdy since it has corner-blocked frames with metal reinforcements.
- It comes in black or saddle upholstery color.
- It supports up to 300 pounds of weight.
- It features a simple-to-use remote control with a long cord.
- It comes with a limited 5-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- Dual motor work independently.
- It has storage pockets.
- It has a battery backup system.
- The bonded leather gets uncomfortable after long sitting hours.
- It doesn’t have a preset seating position.
- This unit is a bit expensive.
2. NHI Express 71004-91 Aiden Champion Recliner – For Added Comfort
This recliner seat is stylish and can complement your interior design. When it comes to comfort functionality, this unit features high-quality high-density foam. This padding material will keep you at utmost comfort as you take a nap right after reading your favorite book or doing what you love.
The backrest and headrest have sufficient padding to give you proper lumbar support. The upholstery on the back and headrest, as well as armrests, is plush, thanks to the champion fabric that wraps them.
The recliner seat also features pocket coil springs that cushion your body further. The pocket coil spring and high-quality foam give sufficient comfort. Another notable feature in this recliner seat is the cup holder. This recliner has a cup holder on each side. You can put away your favorite drink inside one of the cup holders and take your comfortable nap. There is also a place to store your favorite book or magazine. This recliner features a storage compartment that you could use to store your book. The rest of the parts feature polyurethane upholstery, which is durable due to its high-quality.
- This recliner has two cup holders.
- It has plush armrests.
- The seat has pocket coil spring for cushioning.
- High-quality polyurethane and champion fabric upholsteries wrap the recliner.
- It has a storage compartment.
- The seat has sufficient high-density foam padding.
- The champion fabric upholstery might feel uncomfortable after a few hours.
- It comes on one color option.
3. Homall Single Recliner Chair – Perfect for Wider Armrests
If you’re a vegan looking for a highly comfortable recliner seat, then Homal single chair manual recliner might be ideal for you. This seat features a polyurethane leather upholstery, making it ideal for vegans. This upholstery material is easy to clean and is comfortable for your skin.
For ultimate comfort, this seat features high-density foam padding. You could, therefore, sit or sleep in this chair with state-of-the-art comfort. Besides, the padding material has high permeability and is resilient. All this is to make you as comfortable as possible.
This recliner seat features a back and headrest, all of which have sufficient padding. It, therefore, provides excellent lumbar and head support. The footrest is equally padded to make your legs and feet very comfortable as well.
The armrests are curved, which gives your arms enough space for rest. Just like the back, head and footrest, the arms are padded for comfort reasons. The whole unit is sturdy to make it support body weights of up to 265 pounds, thanks to the highly durable steel frame on the footrest. Since it is a manual recliner seat, you can use it at any given time because it doesn’t depend on any electrical power.
To initiate its functionalities, you will push back the back and headrest through three positions. Though the whole backrest doesn’t go far back up to 180 degrees, it opens new seat positions that not so many recliner chairs have. The footrest has sufficient padding and is sturdy due to its steel frame as we’ve already seen. The seat has a dimension of 29.2 x 20.7 x 27.7 inches. This recliner seat has a lifetime exchange warranty in case something is wrong with your product. It also comes with a money-back guarantee if you’re dissatisfied with it, without additional fees!
- The backrest and seat have a generous amount of padding.
- The double padded footrest is sturdy due to the strong steel frame.
- This recliner has no-mar rubber feet for floor protection.
- The upholstery has dual-stitching.
- The seat is easy to clean.
- It is easy to adjust the seat positions of this recliner.
- It doesn’t feature a massage or heat function.
- Its design might not impress some customers.
- It doesn’t feature electric-powered seat position adjustability.
4. Deluxe Heavily Padded Contemporary Recliner – Ideal for Children
This recliner seat is ideal for kids. It supports body weights up to 90 pounds. This recliner is very comfortable and your child will probably like the CA117 fire retardant foam padding. This seat has a strong wood frame that will support your child’s weight without any excess pressure. The arm and backrests have plushy comfort due to the excellent overstuffed padding in them.
The footrest is also padded to make your child’s feet very comfortable. This recliner seat has sufficient padding in key areas. Even after sitting in it for long hours, your child won’t feel fatigue or irritation on the skin, thanks to the soft microfiber upholstery. The upholstery color gives this recliner a contemporary look that will complement your kid’s room décor.
Besides, this recliner seat comes in a wide range of colors. Your child will have plenty of colors to choose from. The upholstery is easy to clean; a damp cloth will clean off dirt a lot faster. Initiating the reclining functionality of the seat is simple; just use the reclining lever that it features underneath. The seat reclines best when your child sits in it and the footrest in 1-inch pulled out. The recliner seat has storage compartments under the armrests. If your kid flips up the armrests, he/she will have access to storage compartments that will hold a remote, book or gaming console perfectly well. With the black plastic feet, this recliner seat doesn’t damage the floor. It firmly stands on the floor with zero damage.
- The CA117 fire retardant foam padding is very comfortable.
- It supports up to 90 pounds of weight.
- It comes in a variety of color options.
- There is a storage compartment under each armrest.
- The raised black plastic feet protect the floor.
- The upholstery cleans very easily.
- It doesn’t feature electric reclining functions.
- This recliner doesn’t have cup holders.
- The kid will outgrow this recliner seat at some point.
5. Irene House Lays Flat Dual Motor Electric Power Recliner – Ideal for Heavier People
This recliner seat is ideal for senior citizens. It packs a lot of features that will make the user very comfortable. Also, it features an electric seat reclination operation, making it ideal for people who don’t want to move a lot once they’ve sunk deep in the chair. The wood frame it features is sturdy and can support body weights of up to 300 pounds.
A high-quality high-density sponge is the padding material of this recliner seat. This padding material doesn’t compromise on the comfort that this unit comes with. You will not feel fatigued or experience pressure points with this seat. Besides offering you a high level of comfort, this seat has a premium quality breath leather upholstery.
The upholstery material cleans very easily for an all year round sanitariness. The backrest and footrest are easy to control. One motor controls the power lift function while the other one controls the motion of the backrest and footrest. There is an easy-to-use remote control that you can use to initiate all the function of this recliner seat. If you’re somebody who loves to read books, you will find the storage pockets at the sides of this recliner seat very useful. You could store your book, magazine or newspaper away in one of these pockets before taking a nap or relaxing in your chair. The remote has a cord, so losing it is an impossibility. The backrest and footrest stretch to your preferred position so you can relax how you deem fit.
- The side pockets are ideal for storing books and magazines.
- It has dual-motor technology.
- The high-density foam padding makes the seat very comfortable.
- This recliner has sufficient lumbar support.
- It has an easy-to-use corded remote controller.
- The upholstery material is easy to clean and is smooth for the skin.
- It doesn’t feature cup holders.
- It comes in limited color options.
- It doesn’t come fully assembled.
6. Domesis Renu Leather Wall Hugger Power Lift Chair Recliner – Ideal for Saving Floor Space
Domensis wall hugger recliner features electric motors that control all of its functions. As such, it’s ideal for people with mobility issues. Its frame is rugged, making it support body weights of up to 300 pounds. For comfort reasons, this recliner features high-quality high-density foam as the padding material.
The back, arms and footrest are sufficiently padded to make you very comfortable. Inside of the seat also has sufficient padding. Spending an extended amount of time in this recliner seat remains comfortable due to the high-quality and generous amount of padding material. The upholstery is also high-quality and comes in a few color options. Renu leather material is the upholstery fabric in this recliner. One thing that you will love about Renu leather is that it is easy to clean. A damp cloth with clean off spills and other dirt very easily.
Also, this recliner seat comes with a two-buttoned remote controller that you can use to control all the seat functions. One powerful motor controls the reclination functionality, while the other motor controls the backrest and footrest simultaneously. With the touch of a button, you can initiate the power lift system of the seat to your preferred level. Besides, this recliner seat only a 4-inch wall clearance. It, therefore, takes up less of your living room space. This makes it ideal for people with limited residential space.
- It offers ergonomic lumbar support.
- It features high-quality padding material for a high level of comfort.
- It supports up to 300 pounds, thanks to its rugged frame design.
- It has a two-buttoned remote controller.
- It features electric reclination functionalities.
- Its Renu leather upholstery cleans very easily.
- It is easy to assemble.
- It requires less residential space.
- Backrest and footrest move simultaneously.
- This chair might incline forward a bit much.
- Renu leather isn’t very durable.
7. Mcombo Electric Power Lift Recliner Chair Sofa for Elderly – Perfect for Elderly People
This recliner seat is ideal for senior citizens for a number of reasons. First, it features a sturdy and durable under-seat metal frame that can support up to 320 pounds of body weight. The sturdy frame is sufficiently padded with high-density foam that makes you very comfortable. There is sufficient padding at the backrest and footrest, as well as the seat. The armrests are plushy to give you more comfort. The back and inside of the seat have simple lines sketched out to make the stretchable and comfortable at the same time.
The seat and backrest feature built-in springs to add more comfort. Even if you jump in this recliner seat you will not suffer any shocking force that might inflict pain to your body. This recliner chair features a nice upholstery finish, giving it an appealing aesthetics and top-quality design at the same time. A high-quality and soft fabric comprises the upholstery of this recliner seat. The fabric has a special treatment that makes it comfy and elastic. The treatment will make the upholstery resistant to felting and pilling. This will add to the durability of this recliner seat.
High-quality and TUV-approved motors control the power lift and inclination functions of the seat. These motors are durable and will serve you longer. To control the motor for a given effect, use the easy-to-use two-buttoned remote controller that this recliner seat comes with. If you have knee issues, this seat will help you get up, thanks to its powerful lift mechanism that you initiate using the remote controller. As such, this seat is ideal for senior citizens. The motors also control the back and footrest. With the touch of a button, you select your preferred seat position for a comfortable sleeping experience. The seat also has two charging ports and two cup holders. The charging ports are for light electronic devices such as a smartphone or an iPad. If you’re a beer lover, you could place your bottle in one of these cup holders after taking a sip. The seat has a pair of pockets, one on each side, that you could use to store your electronic mobile device or a novel.
- It features a sturdy and durable metal frame.
- It has two cup holders and USB ports.
- It has powerful TUV-approved motors.
- This seat has excellent cushioning and built-in springs for comfort.
- The upholstery is high-quality and elegant-looking.
- It has a simple remote controller.
- It has a pair of storage pockets for your mobile devices and books.
- It has a warranty on its parts.
- The padding is a bit stiffer than usual.
- It comes in very limited color options.
8. ANJ Chair Contemporary Leather Recliner Chair – Best for Ease of Assembly
If you need a manual recliner seat, then this product might be ideal for you. It’s suitable for use in areas with no electrical power. The recliner seat features a sturdy wood frame that can support up to 300 pounds of body weight. The footrest features a sturdy steel frame that can support your legs weight.
The backrest, footrest and the inside of the seat have overstuffed cushioning, thanks to the soft foam material, to make you very comfortable. The armrests are lightly padded to make you feel comfortable around your arms.
A premium quality bonded leather upholstery wraps the recliner seat for plush comfort. With the pillow-style cushioning of the backrest, this recliner seat provides sufficient lumbar support. Adjusting the seat position is quite simple; Pull the recliner lever to achieve your preferred inclination position. The backrest goes up to 140 degrees far back, giving you a comfortable angle for sleeping. This recliner seat, however, doesn’t feature a power lift mechanism. It is therefore not ideal for people with knee issues. But it’s still a great option for you, especially if you’re upcountry where electrical power supply is unstable.
- It features a simple recliner lever.
- The backrest reclines up to 140 degrees.
- This recliner features sturdy wood and steel frames.
- The cushioning is very soft.
- Premium grade bonded leather upholstery wraps the entire body.
- It supports 300 pounds of body weight.
- It doesn’t feature electrical operation.
- Its size might not accommodate some users.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How long can a recliner seat last?
The durability of a recliner seat depends on the material of the unit and frequency of usage. If your recliner features high-quality materials and you use it lightly, it will last 10 years or more. But if the quality is low and you subject your recliner to heavy-duty usage, it will last shorter than 10 years.
2. What are the benefits of using recliners for sleeping?
Sleeping in a recliner can help reduce back pains for people who hunch over a desk or laptop for long while at work. A recliner will relax your spine after a day of hard work. People who suffer from sleep apnea can also benefit from a recliner. A recliner seat helps them breathe better while asleep, thereby improving their sleep quality. Another benefit of using a recliner is it helps your blood circulatory system perform better due to the position you assume while using one. Also, pregnant mothers can look out for the welfare of their unborn babies by sleeping in one of these recliners.
3. Where can I get a recliner seat for sleeping?
Shopping hasn’t been any easier with the advent of numerous trusted e-commerce websites. You can place an order through one of the e-commerce websites and have the recliner chair delivered right to your doorstep. But if there’s a recliner store nearby, you can just walk right in and choose your ideal recliner seat.
Recliners for sleeping are real-life saviors. They offer comfort where beds might feel to offer one. As such, they’re an investment worth undertaking. But you don’t need just a recliner seat; you need the best one on the market. From the list, you could take advantage of the clear winner – Ashley Furniture Signature Design – Yandel Power Lift Recliner since it has electric functionality, unlike some of recliners with a manual seat operation. Besides, it features a battery power backup system and it can support up to 300 pounds of weight.