There is nothing more relaxing than bathing under a rain shower head. The feeling of raindrops on your skin will turn your daily showering experience into a soothing experience. We have created for you a detailed review and buying guide for the best rain shower head.
- 1 Review of the Top 10 Best Rain Shower Head 2020
- 1.1 1. GROHE Rainshower Cosmopolitan 4-Spray Showerhead : Best for Small Bathrooms
- 1.2 2. Hansgrohe Raindance : Best Overall Pick
- 1.3 3. Kohler 8-Inch Contemporary Showerhead : Best Durability
- 1.4 4. Waterpik RPB 173 2.5 GPM : Best Showerhead with Adjustable Shower Arm
- 1.5 5. Delta Faucet Single-Spray Touch-Clean : Best Affordable Option
- 1.6 6. Moen S6320 Velocity 8-Inch : Best Rainfall Experience
- 1.7 7. PULSE ShowerSpas 1011-III-BN Kauai III : Best Handheld Combo Shower
- 1.8 8. Hotelspa Giant SS Rainfall Square : Best Design
- 1.9 9. ShowerMaxx High Pressure Shower Head : Best for Small-Sized Showers
- 1.10 10. Esnbia 12-inch Shower System : Best Wall Mounted Shower Combo
- 2 Why You Should Use a Rain Showerhead
- 3 What to Consider When Buying A Rain Shower Head?
- 4 Frequently Asked Questions about Rain Showerheads
- 5 Conclusion
Review of the Top 10 Best Rain Shower Head 2020
|GROHE Rainshower Cosmopolitan 4-Spray Showerhead - Best for Small Bathrooms||
|Hansgrohe Raindance - Best Overall Pick||
|Kohler 8-Inch Contemporary Showerhead - Best Durability||
|Waterpik RPB 173 2.5 GPM - Best Showerhead with Adjustable Shower Arm||
|Delta Faucet Single-Spray Touch-Clean - Best Affordable Option||
|Moen S6320 Velocity 8-Inch - Best Rainfall Experience||
|PULSE ShowerSpas 1011-III-BN Kauai III - Best Handheld Combo Shower||
|Hotelspa Giant SS Rainfall Square - Best Design||
|ShowerMaxx High Pressure Shower Head - Best for Small-Sized Showers||
|Esnbia 12-inch Shower System - Best Wall Mounted Shower Combo||
1. GROHE Rainshower Cosmopolitan 4-Spray Showerhead : Best for Small Bathrooms
Thanks to its small size, it is the perfect showerhead for use in bathrooms with tight spaces. It has a diameter of 6.25 inches, enabling it to fit into even the smallest tiny enclosers and still give you a perfect showering experience. What makes the GROHE Rainshower stand out is its Starlight finish, which is its trademark.
Its finish makes it resistant to tarnishing and scratches. As a result, your showerhead will look brand new even after a very extensive use. It is also available in 4 different finishes to choose from. These finishes include; Brushed Nickel, Bronze, Oil Rubbed Bronze and Starlight Chrome.
Its DreamSpray shower ensures that water distribution is optimized. This will give you a rain shower experience with a precise water angling and coverage. With this showerhead, you will get to choose from four different spray patterns whenever you take a shower. They include; champagne, jet, rain and laminar. To eliminate any buildup of any limescale, the GROHE showerhead is built with a SpeedClean anti-lime system. All you will need to do is to just wipe off the showerhead using your fingers to keep it clean.
- Delivers greater waterflow than expected.
- Perfect for small bathrooms.
- It’s a luxurious and awesome showerhead.
- It is reasonably priced.
- Top quality and well made.
- It will make your shower experience feel like a spa.
- Available in a variety of finishes.
- It is made of plastic.
- The finish is thin.
2. Hansgrohe Raindance : Best Overall Pick
Different people have different shower preferences. As a result, they need showerheads with different shapes, sprays and sizes. That is why Hansgrohe Raindance showers come in different sizes and shapes to give everyone a showring experience that is not only fun but is also unique to them. If you choose the Hansgrohe Raindance showerhead, you are sure to find a perfect shower for you.
Thanks to its RainAir Spray Mode, you can enjoy a rain-like shower that will leave you relaxed. The shower drops are also infused with air-drops to give you a luxurious coverage. You can wash away you’re your daily stress after a long day by just turning on your Hansgrohe Raindance shower.
The showerhead is made of silicone spray channels that are very easy to clean. This QuickClean feature gives you an easy time when cleaning since all you will have to do is to wipe away any lime deposits from your showerhead nozzle using your fingers or a soft piece of cloth. This ensures that your showerhead is performing optimally at all time. You will also love its AirPower technology that ensures it delivers fuller, softer and lighter drops that are air-enriched. This results in a high-performance and invigorating spray that will give you a pleasurable showering experience. In terms of design, the Hansgrohe features a German engineered showerhead that is wide enough to give you the feeling of being in a rainforest.
- Its silicon spray channels are clog resistant.
- Its showerhead can rotate for 26 degrees in both directions.
- Has a 2.5 GPM water flow rate that delivers a thorough coverage.
- Wide showerhead for an excellent shower experience.
- The spray disc is chrome-plated to make it resistant to scratch or tarnishes.
- Looks and feels luxurious.
- It’s easy to clean.
- Its shower arm is sold separately.
- It’s quite expensive.
3. Kohler 8-Inch Contemporary Showerhead : Best Durability
If you want a rain showerhead with a sleek design and can fit in any contemporary bathroom, then the KOHLER rain showerhead is the best option. Bathing under this showerhead will feel like a luxurious experience thanks to its Katalyst Spray Technology. This technology ensures that the showerhead delivers water in a way that will make you feel like you are bathing under the rain.
Its MasterClean sprayface features a transparent showerhead nozzle that is designed to prevent the buildup of minerals. As a result, the showerhead does not easily clog, making its lifespan to be longer. Less clogging also means that the showerhead will only require less maintenance for it to perform optimally. Additionally, the Kohler sprayface design has been designed to deliver a rich spray pattern. This gives you excellent coverage for a comfortable shower experience. We also loved its innovative air-induction technology that delivers larger water drops that feel luxurious whenever they land on your skin. The large water drops also feel like more water when in real sense only less water is used.
- Its showerheads have been engineered to optimize water usage.
- Racetrack technology eliminates wasteful overspray.
- Available in brushed nickel finish that makes it looks fabulous.
- Quite powerful and feels amazing.
- Durable since it is constructed with metal.
- Easy to clean hence requires little maintenance.
- Excellent flow rate of 2.5 GPM.
- Quite heavy hence requires a stronger arm.
- Quite expensive.
4. Waterpik RPB 173 2.5 GPM : Best Showerhead with Adjustable Shower Arm
Next up is the Waterpick Drenching showerhead. If you want a showerhead that covers a wider area and delivers a more powerful shower experience, then it is the right showerhead for you. Its OptiFlow technology will turn your shower into a revitalizing rainfall experience. This technology also works to boost the water force, even when the pressure is low.
To further give you a unique and stylish shower experience, the Waterpick Drenching showerhead is fitted with a 9-inch designer arm. The arm is adjustable so that you can extend it or position the waterflow at an angle or directly overhead. You can have a stylish shower experience that is unique to you. It delivers full-body coverage that will take your shower experience to a whole new level. That’s not all; it features an elegant chrome finish that adds to its spectacular design. It also works in a single rainfall mode that is very soothing hence perfect for relaxing your aching muscles.
- 6-inch showerhead delivers powerful and full-body coverage shower experience.
- OptiFlow improves water pressure.
- Chrome finish enhances its appearance.
- Reliable flow for an excellent shower experience.
- Affordably priced.
- Comes with a lifetime warranty.
- Designer arm is adjustable.
- Easy to install.
- Requires some minor adjustments for taller folks.
- Some users complained that it leaks.
5. Delta Faucet Single-Spray Touch-Clean : Best Affordable Option
You can still get an excellent rain shower head without having to spend a lot of money. If you are on a budget, then the Delta Touch Clean Rain Can will be the best option for you. It is a minimalist showerhead that comes with a single-setting spray. This showerhead offers full-body coverage to give you a comfortable shower experience. You won’t have to fiddle with a lot of settings to achieve the showering experience that you desire.
That’s not all; the Delta Touch showerhead is designed to be easy to maintain. Thanks to its Touch-Clean spray face, you can leave your showerhead sparkling clean with just a swipe of your fingertips. Wiping off the showerhead ensures that there re no mineral clogs that may block the showerhead. This keeps your showerhead in top condition for a long time. The Delta Touch is an intensely powerful showerhead that delivers steady and forceful streams that will give you a satisfying shower experience. Its versatile design ensures that you can install it through the wall or through the ceiling.
- Comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
- It’s easy to clean.
- 2.5 GPM steady and consistent waterflow.
- It’s easy to install since it requires no special tools.
- Adds décor to your bathroom thanks to its chrome finish.
- Operates quietly.
- Good water coverage.
- Very affordable.
- It only has a single setting-spray.
- Sold separately with a showerhead.
6. Moen S6320 Velocity 8-Inch : Best Rainfall Experience
There are several things you will love about this rain showerhead. However, the most notable feature about it is its shower experience that feels like a real rainfall experience. This is as a result of its advanced technology that boosts the intensity of water flowing through the showerhead. The self-pressurizing system that is in-built that enables the showerhead to deliver water at 3 times the pressure.
Another feature that you will love about the Moen Velocity showerhead is its quality of materials and spray. You will also have two settings to choose from depending on the shower experience that you desire.You can select the Rain Shower setting if you want to relax under the drizzling shower. If you only have 5 minutes to be ready for work or an appointment, then you can choose the Concentrated Rinse setting. The Moen showerhead is 8-inches wide, to give you a comfortable full-body coverage shower. It is also made of grass so that it can last long with you. You will 4 colors to choose from; Chrome, Antique Bronze, Oil Rubbed Bronze and Brushed Nickel finish. It has a flow of 2.5 GPM and is wall-mounted.
- Versatile design ensures that it can blend with any bathroom setting.
- Its spray head is large enough to give you a full-body coverage.
- The spray nozzle is made of rubber, making it easy to clean.
- Self-pressurizing technology delivers water at 3 times spray power than the average showerhead.
- Two spray modes give you a customized water flow.
- You can choose from 4 unique finishes.
- Resistant to corrosion and tarnish.
- Stylish design.
- Some users have complained that the shower head drips.
- Quite expensive to some users.
7. PULSE ShowerSpas 1011-III-BN Kauai III : Best Handheld Combo Shower
Are you wondering if there is a rain showerhead that is luxurious without compromising on convenience? The Kauai 3-Spray showerhead is what you need. What sets the Kauai 3-Spray showerhead apart from most showerheads is that it consists of a hand-held shower and an overhead rain shower. You can slide the hand shower up and down to a height that you prefer.
You can also easily switch between the overhead shower and the hand shower. You can also use them both at the same time. The Kauai showerhead has a diameter of 8-inches. As a result, its shower coverage is wide enough to cover your entire body. It is available in 3 different finishes; oil-rubbed bronze, brushed nickel and chrome finish. You will also love its adjustable height. When it comes to installation, the process is very easy and will not take more than 30 minutes. The showerhead is also compatible with most existing valves. You don’t have to drill any hole to install the showerhead. You can simply thread its shower arm onto any existing water connection.
- Comes with an adjustable soap dish.
- Adjustable height control.
- It comes when it is completely pre-plumbed.
- Can be installed on virtually any shower model.
- Fitted with an in-built backflow protection.
- It is beautiful and well designed.
- It is durable and is corrosion resistant.
- Sometimes water may come out of the overhead shower even when the diverter is set to send water only to the handheld shower.
- Quite expensive.
8. Hotelspa Giant SS Rainfall Square : Best Design
No rain showerhead beats the Hotelspa Giant SS Rainfall showerhead when it comes to design. Besides, its excellent design. The Hotelspa Giant Square showerhead also has all the necessary features that a perfect showerhead should have. We are confident that should you settle on this showerhead, then you will agree with us.
Its heavy-duty body is made of stainless steel. As a result, this showerhead is not only durable but is also resistant to stains and scratch. In terms of size, the Hotelspa showerhead is a square that is 10-inch wide. It has 100 nozzles to give you an experience that feels like heavy rain. It is also designed to be easy to clean thanks to its slimline design. Its very easy to install. This is because of its joint nut connection. The Hotelspa showerhead will also appeal to your bathroom style because of its polished chrome finish. The showerhead is also adjustable to any angle that you will find suitable. What we also loved about this showerhead is its 11-inch adjustable extension arm. This will give you extra comfort and various angle and height options.
- Comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
- It is chrome polished hence resistant to corrosion and stains.
- Durable since it is made of heavy-duty stainless steel.
- Can be installed in a few minutes.
- The showerhead angle can be easily adjusted for a comfortable and customized shower experience.
- It’s easy to clean.
- Its 100 nozzles give it a water flow coverage that is superior to other showerheads.
- Reasonably priced.
- It’s a bit heavy.
- There have been a few complaints that it splits at the edge.
9. ShowerMaxx High Pressure Shower Head : Best for Small-Sized Showers
If you have a small sized shower, then the best showerhead to buy is the ShowerMaxx High Pressure Showerhead. It is also good-looking and comes with everything you will need to properly install it. These include the showerhead, bracket, flexible metal hose and a thread-seal tape.
What we loved about the ShowerMaxx showerhead is that it comes with 6 shower settings. This ensures that you have a lot of shower options that will suit you depending on what you need and the occasion. The settings include: circular massage, rainfall, power massage, water saving trickle, power massage and rainfall with circular massage.
The ShowerMaxx is highly affordable that will bring an expensive-shower experience to your home. Every time you shower at home, you will feel like you are at a spa. It is also designed to fit with any bathroom décor since it comes in 4 different finishes. They include; Brass finish, Brushed nickel finish, Oil rubbed bronze and chrome finish. Whether your bathroom style is classic, modern or contemporary, the ShoweMaxx will effortlessly and seamlessly blend with your bathroom.
- It is very aesthetically pleasing.
- It’s quite affordable.
- The waterflow can be easily adjusted using the flow restrictor.
- Only 6-inches wide hence it can fit in most showers.
- Easy to install on the wall.
- The nozzles are made of rubber hence easy to clean.
- Fitted with a mesh to filter out any impurities.
- The whole showerhead is not made of metal. It may be weaker as compared to other showerheads.
- A few users complained that it splits after a few months of use.
10. Esnbia 12-inch Shower System : Best Wall Mounted Shower Combo
If you are looking for the best wall mounted rain showerhead, then look no further than the Esnbia 12-inch shower system. It is built with premium quality features that make it worth every penny you will pay. It consists of an overhead showerhead and a hand-held showerhead. The overhead shower is 12-inches wide. As a result, this showerhead has one of the largest water coverage.
The overhead showerhead is made of stainless steel. This ensures that it stays sturdy and durable. The hand-held shower is made for brass, which is also resistant to corrosion. The Esnbia comes with a water control valve that allows you to determine its water flow rate. This means that you can customize your own shower experience. What we loved about this shower system is its unique design. Both the overhead shower and the handheld shower both use one mixing valve. To switch between different shower modes, you only need to turn the water diverter once.
- Easy to install.
- Fitted with a pressure balance valve to protect you from cold shocks and scalding.
- Performs better even when the water pressure is low.
- Has a flow rate of 2.5 GPM that saves up to 30% of water.
- Available in brushed nickel finish to make your bathroom look stylish.
- It is resistant to corrosion.
- You can easily switch between the showerhead and the hand sprayer.
- Quite expensive.
- Since it is all-metal, it is a bit heavy.
Why You Should Use a Rain Showerhead
There are so many reasons why most homeowners are now switching to rain showerheads. Here are reasons why you should also be using one.
Rain showerheads can turn your simple shower experience into a relaxing treat. Soaking yourself under these showerheads soothes and makes your shower experience to be fun. You can bring nature to your bathroom and shower under the rain without worrying about getting struck by lightning.
These showerheads are more efficient since they have wider water coverage. You will spend less time trying to squeeze yourself to fit under thin shower spray.
Rain showerheads will definitely add décor to your bathroom. This is because they look stylish and luxurious. Anyone who visits your bathroom will fall in love with you.
What to Consider When Buying A Rain Shower Head?
Rain showerheads are designed to produce water outputs that resemble rain. Most of them look like disks that have multiple rubber holes through which the water streams out. Some models allow you to adjust the water flow to achieve powerful downpours or light drizzles.
Apart from turning your shower into a spa like experience, rain showerheads also have some excellent functionalities. They have wide heads that offer good coverage at different heights. Some showerheads even come with double heads that enables them to cover both your front and back at the same time. If you are looking to buy a rain showerhead, here are some of the features that you should consider.
When buying a shower head, you will want one that will perfectly fit into your shower stall. It would be awkward if you ended up with a showerhead that doesn’t fit. That’s not all, you will also want a showerhead that will provide you with an excellent water coverage. You will therefore need to go for a showerhead that is wide enough.
Most popular showerhead models come with unique technology that enables them to deliver different kinds of shower spray patterns. Some deliver realistic rain drops while others deliver air-infused water drops. You will therefore choose a rain showerhead that will appeal to you.
Since you want to bring the best showering experience home, you want it to last long. As a result, you should only go for showerheads that are made of high-quality materials so that they will last long with you.
Rain showerheads come in various styles and colors. Some are available in chrome finish while others are available in other finishes like brushed nickel. You can choose a style that will match with the decorating style of your bathroom.
Rain showerheads are either ceiling mounted or wall-mounted. The type you choose will depend on the type of shower you have. If your shower is wall mounted, then you will need a wall-mounted showerhead. If it is ceiling mounted, then a ceiling mounted showerhead type would be the best option.
Frequently Asked Questions about Rain Showerheads
Q: What is a rain showerhead?
A: Just like the name, a rain shower head produces a shower experience that feels like you are bathing under the rain. Rain showerheads are available in different styles and sizes.
Q: What is the best size of a rain showerhead?
A: The most preferred showerhead size is the 8-inch. It offers the best water coverage is perfect even for small bathrooms. However, if you have a larger bathroom, then you can try larger showerheads.
Q: Do rain showerheads use more water?
A: No. The benefit of using a rain showerhead is that water comes at a pressure that resembles that of rain drops. As a result, they use less water since they operate at low water pressure as compared to standard showerheads.
Q: What type of shower arm do I need for my rain showerhead?
A: Rain showerheads work well with two types of shower arms; ceiling arms ad wall-mounted arms. The types of shower arm you will use depend on what kind of shower experience you want.
Many people wish to have a luxurious shower experience that is only available in five-star hotels. Good news is that you can bring the luxury to your home bathroom. With the best rain shower head, you will have a relaxing shower experience that will make you feel like you are bathing in a rain forest. Therefore, pick a rain showerhead that will suit your needs and budget. However, when it comes to our pick, we will recommend the Hansgrohe Raindance. This is because of its RainAir Spray Mode that gives it a rain-like shower experience. It is also 10-inch wide hence has one of the best water area coverage. We also loved its air-enriched water drops that are also lighter and softer.