Have you ever dreamed of enjoying the benefits of soaking yourself in a hot tub outside your house? Well, with an inflatable hot tub, you can make your dreams come true. These tubs are not only portable but also easy to install and requires little maintenance. You can get your hands on the best inflatable hot tub and the therapeutic benefits of a portable tub.
- 1 Inflatable Hot Tub Benefits
- 2 Top 10 Best Inflatable Hot Tub Reviews 2020
- 2.1 1. Bestway Hot Tub : Best Budget Option
- 2.2 2. Intex 77in PureSpa : Best Comfortable Inflatable Tub
- 2.3 3. Coleman SaluSpa : Best Compact Option
- 2.4 4. Lay-Z-Spa Inflatable Hot Tub : Best Quick Heating Option
- 2.5 5. Goplus 4-6 Person Portable Outdoor Spa : Best Design
- 2.6 6. Bestway Palm Springs Inflatable Hot Tub Spa : Best Premium Option
- 2.7 7. Intex 6-Person Pure Spa Inflatable Heated Hot Tub : Best Overall
- 2.8 8. Bestway Paris AirJet Hot Tub : Best Durable Option
- 2.9 9. Bestway Hawaii Air Jet Hot Tub : Best Large Size Tub
- 2.10 10. Bestway Helsinki AirJet Hot Tub : Best Convenient Option
- 3 Factors to Consider when Choosing the Best Inflatable Hot Tub
- 4 Frequently Asked Questions about Inflatable Hot Tubs
- 5 Conclusion
Inflatable Hot Tub Benefits
When it comes to affordability, inflatable hot tubs cost less as compared to the standard hot tubs or other hot tub models. With just a fraction of what plug and play tubs cost, you can get your hands on one of the best inflatable hot tubs.
This is also another great benefit. With an inflatable hot tub, you can take it with you anywhere you like. As long as the place you want to set it up in has power. They are designed with portability in mind.
Easy to Use
You don’t need any special training to set up your inflatable hot tub. Most companies also provide set up instructions when you buy their products to make it even easy to set up your inflatable tub.
Top 10 Best Inflatable Hot Tub Reviews 2020
1. Bestway Hot Tub : Best Budget Option
If you are looking for the most affordable inflatable hot tub, then the Bestway Hot Tub Miami is what you should buy. Thanks to its numerous features, it offers a lot of value to your buck. Its overall functionality will allow you to enjoy the ultimate spa experience from anywhere. It is designed to inflate fast. It is 71-inches wide and 26-high when fully inflated and has a capacity of 177 gallons of warm water.
Its puncture resistant design makes it rigid and ensures that it does not wrinkle easily. It is made of laminated PVC and Polyester mesh that makes it very durable. Its walls are reinforced with I-bean structure that adds to its sturdiness. As a result, you can have a peace of mind while sitting on this tub without having to worry about it buckling under your weight.
Its installation process is also straightforward. You don’t require the services of a professional installer or any additional tools to set it up. What we liked about it is that it comes with a DVD that contains all the information you require to install it. Controlling it is also easy since its digital panel is just within a user’s reach. You don’t have to get out of the hot water to regulate the temperature. It also comes with a timer that allows you to time when to start or stop it. Its rapid heating system ensures that water gets heated rapidly and safely.
- Portable and can fit on almost any area within a property.
- Setting it up is a breeze.
- It is power efficient since it is designed to consume less electricity.
- It comes with a cover for preserving the water temperature inside the spa.
- It is fitted with lift handles so that you can easily move it around with ease.
- Fitted with a soothing massage system.
- Durable construction.
- Reasonably priced.
- Its bubble massage jets are underpowered.
- Its cover wears out when exposed to the sun for longer duration.
2. Intex 77in PureSpa : Best Comfortable Inflatable Tub
An inflatable hot tub is one of the best recreational items you can buy today. The IntexPureSpais an awesome inflatable tub that is designed with a lot of techy features. Its air jets are designed to create a massage experience. That’s not all; you can use this hot tub anywhere, including in places with hard water. This is because the IntexPureSpa is fitted with a hard water treatment system that will soften water.
It also comes with a unique control panel that is easy to reach. Switching the tub on or off or setting up the water temperature is just a button away. One of the things we loved about the IntexPureSpa is its ability to retain heat over a longer period of time. It also warms water at a faster rate. When it’s fully inflated, it is 77-inches wide and will give you enough legroom and a good seating position. In terms of durability, it is built from durable materials. The high-strength polyester fibers are firm to assure you protection.
- Gives you great value for your money.
- Setting it up is easy since it requires no special tools.
- Designed with LED lights that change color at night so that you can have night baths.
- Does not take up much space.
- Requires low maintenance.
- Can hold up to 4 people.
- Interior is enhanced with high quality fibers for comfort.
- Users will need some time to get used to its control panel.
- Its bubble jets are
3. Coleman SaluSpa : Best Compact Option
You can have the best spa experience with this highly efficient and easy to operate inflatable hot tub. It is compactly designed and occupies less space with a diameter of only 71-inches when fully inflated. As a result, you can easily fit your Coleman SaluSpa even in tight spaces.
Another feature that will make you fall in love with this inflatable hot tub is its padded floors and air jets. The padded floors will give you the best comfort you can ever wish for. Its walls are firm to give your back incredible support. The air jets are 60 in number and will give you a perfect spa massage experience. Its control panel is interactive and allows you to easily control much of the tub’s operation. The tub is fitted with a timer so that you can time when to switch it on or off. You can also time how long you want your tub to be on. The model is also very easy to transport since it is fitted with two rigid handles.
- Easy assembly.
- It’s super quiet when operational.
- It is very mobile.
- Retains heat for longer and heats water quicker.
- Made of durable PVC fibers for superior strength.
- Easy to operate since it has an all-access control panel.
- The floor is fitted with a cushioned air pad floor for additional comfort.
- Its bubble massage should be made more powerful.
- Not recommended for use in weather that is below 40 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Lay-Z-Spa Inflatable Hot Tub : Best Quick Heating Option
Lay-Z Spa is one of those portable hot tubs brands that you cannot avoid. Its compact design makes it ideal for most homes since it can fit in tight spaces. However, despite its compact size, the Lay-Z inflatable tub can still accommodate 2 to 4 people.
When it comes to portable hot tubs, the ease of set up is very important. Most users will shy away from an inflatable bath tub that is complicated to install. Keeping that in mind, the Lay-Z Spa ensured that their tubs are easy to set up. All you need is to connect the supply hose to its air-jet outlet and within 5-minutes; your tub will be ready to go.
It is sturdily designed with internal I-beams that run down its sides. These internal beams give it rigidity and prevent the sides of the tubs from collapsing whenever you lean against its sides. Its outer walls are rayon-coated to make them stiffer and increase their resistance to puncture. The end result is a tub that will last with you for years. It takes up to 11 hours to heat it up to a maximum temperature of 40 degrees Celsius. You should start heating it in the morning if you are planning to use your tub in the evening. To save power, the tub is fitted with a power saving timer that you can use to pre-heat your tub up to 3 days in advance. You won’t have to continuously heat your tub when not in use, hence saving on power.
- It’s easy to set up.
- It’s simple to use thanks to its simple controls.
- You can get it without spending much since it is reasonably priced.
- Comes with an inflatable lid.
- You can adjust its temperature to a level that you want.
- It comes with a chemical floater to keep your water hygienic.
- Creates a soothing massage feeling thanks to its jet massage system.
- Does not have enough legroom for more than 2 people.
- Its AirJet system should be made more powerful.
5. Goplus 4-6 Person Portable Outdoor Spa : Best Design
Although the Goplus inflatable hot tub is new to the market, it has proven to be a solid and affordable portable tub that is worth its price. What sets the Goplus 6-person outdoor spa apart from most of the inflatable tubs is its integrated blower and heater unit. Its heating unit is in-built inside its wall. This makes it very compact unlike other bulky tubs with their heaters protruding from the sides.
The Goplus walls are made of Dura-Tech PVC construction. The walls are therefore very rigid and is capable of withstanding several winters and summers. Its digital controls are also easy to use. That’s not all; its built-in system for hard-water treatment ensures that you can use your tub anywhere. The Goplus inflatable hot tub allows you to enjoy your spa like experience with your friends. This is because it has a capacity for 6 people. Its bubble jets create a massage-like feeling. It also comes with an insulated cover for keeping your tub water hot for longer. It is also fitted with a removable filter to make it easy to replace it after it gets worn out.
- Has a nice look and design.
- Its heating system is in-built.
- The control panels are easy to use.
- Can fit up to six adults.
- Setting it up requires no special tools.
- Its bubble jets are high-powered to massage your body.
- It’s easy to inflate.
- It takes a little longer to heat.
- The company has only been around for a short time.
6. Bestway Palm Springs Inflatable Hot Tub Spa : Best Premium Option
You can turn your backyard to a spa with this inflatable hot tub. Bestway has a reputation of making exceptional portable hot tubs. The SaluSpa Palm Springs is a premium inflatable spa that features a luxurious appearance thanks to its leather-based texture. Bestway has combined toughness and looks by lining the tub with a Tri-Tech PVC material that is rigid and durable.
It is round-shaped and has enough room to fit 4 adults or 6 kids. It’s also easy to set up and maintain and has received a lot of positive reviews. Most users love it for its compact and durable design. The SaluSpa is fitted with a quality heater that is able to warm your water up to 104 degrees Fahrenheit to give you soothing warm waters and massage jets that are therapeutic. The BestwaySaluSpa is also fitted with a convenient timer that allows you to set up your hot tub to warm your water in advance. The SaluSpa Palm Springs Hydrojet has a floating chlorine device to ensure that your bath water is hygienic and free from germs. When you buy it, you will also get a beverage table where you can put your drinks to enjoy with your friends while you soak yourselves in soothing warm water.
- Very compact and portable.
- Comfortable sitting for four people.
- The beverage table is convenient.
- Powerful bubble jet that works well.
- Simple to set up and easy to maintain.
- Fitted with lift handles for on-the-go use.
- Made of durable materials for a longer lifespan.
- Not so great customer support.
- Does not have enough legroom for more than 3 people.
7. Intex 6-Person Pure Spa Inflatable Heated Hot Tub : Best Overall
If you are looking for an Intex inflatable tub that is large enough to hold 6 people, then the Intex 6-Person PureSpa is a great choice. You can relax your tired muscles inside the warm waters of the PureSpa inflatable hot tub. The tub consists of 170 bubble jets that are high-powered to give you a massage-like feel.
The PureSpais fitted with a hard water treatment that softens the water to make it gentle on your skin and the entire system of your spa. Setting it up is easy and fast. You can also deflate it for easy storage. When you buy it, you will also get a carry bag for easy transportation. The IntexPureSpa also comes with an adjustable thermostat that allows you to set the perfect temperature that will suit your needs. For extra style, Intex has added a fabric coated wall to this inflatable spa. The wall is not only stylish but is sturdy as well. To minimize heat loss and conserve power, a removable insulated cover is also included. With all these features, you will find the Intex 6-People PureSpa heated hot tub as one of the best options you can ever get.
- Fiber-tech design for added rigidity.
- Fitted with a chlorine dispenser for treating the water.
- Insulated lock cover ensures that it can retain heat for long.
- Comes with a carry bag for convenience during storage and transportation.
- Perfect for 6 people.
- Made of durable material.
- Fitted with its own pump.
- Comes with a built-in filtration system.
- Its electric cord should be made longer.
- Its control panel gets finicky in extremely cold or hot temperatures.
8. Bestway Paris AirJet Hot Tub : Best Durable Option
Are you looking for an inflatable hot tub with a Lay-Z massage system? Then the Bestway Paris AirJet Hot Tub is what you should buy. One of the reasons why it is a popular inflatable spa is because of its design that does not only deliver comfort but also strength. It features I-beam structure that gives it maximum structural stability.
Besides offering strength, the I-beam structure also ensures that the tub keeps its shape no matter how many times it’s deflated or inflated. You can also set it easily on your own without the need for special tools or professional services. When not in use, you can cover your tub with an insulated lid. The tub is also fitted with an air chamber for added insulation. The Paris AirJet Hot Tub comes with LED light bulbs that change their colors to add some ambience to your night, should you choose to use your spa at night. AirJet bubbles are released from the tub’s bottom to create a warm spa environment. For durability, the tub is made of a tritech material that is UV-resistant and can resist puncture.
- The installation process is easy to follow.
- It is a low maintenance inflatable tub.
- Comfortable to the skin since the material used to make it is leather-like.
- Large diameter hence it can accommodate up to 6 people.
- The bubbles are adequately strong.
- Comes with a top cover that you can lock down to keep out debris.
- Digital control panel is easy to use and highly accessible.
- The filters need to be changed weekly if you use your tub every day.
- Takes quite a long time to heat the water.
9. Bestway Hawaii Air Jet Hot Tub : Best Large Size Tub
The SaluSpa Hawaii 6 Person is different from most inflatable tubs because of its shape. It is square shaped. When you lean on any of its corners, it will offer you more lumbar support as compared to the circular tubs. If you have back problems, then you will appreciate using this inflatable hot tub from Bestway.
It is a super-sturdy portable tub that is made of Bestway’s reinforced Tritech material. Its strength is further boosted by the internal I-beam construction. This ensures that the tub can last long with you, as long as you take good care of it. Although it’s super-strong, it is still a comfortable and relaxing tub. It has a good massage system courtesy of a ring of 115 bubble air jets. The jets are located at the bottom of the spa and will give you a strong body massage. You can control the system using a digital control unit that will be within your reach. This means that you can just lean over to the soft-touch control and let it the rest for you.
- Fitted with a timer for setting when to turn your tub on or off.
- You can switch its massage system and water heating system simultaneously.
- You don’t need any special knowledge or tools to set it up.
- Its square shape makes it perfect for people with back problems.
- Looks stylish.
- Durable and easy to maintain.
- Perfect for on-the-go use.
- Costs a bit more.
- Don’t buy it if you are used to traditional round hot tubs.
10. Bestway Helsinki AirJet Hot Tub : Best Convenient Option
The Bestway Helsinki AirJet is capable of accommodating up to 6 people and inflates within seconds. It is durable thanks to its 3-Ply Technology that features a polyester mesh that is sandwiched between two layers of PVC. Very few inflatable in the market can compete with the Helsinki AirJet inflatable tub when it comes to ease of use, fun and entertainment. What we liked about it is that it comes fitted with a drink tray. This is convenient since you can enjoy drinks with your family or friends as you soak yourselves in the tub to relax your long days away. For fun and relaxation, the tub is also equipped with a Bluetooth-enabled entertainment system. For easier control, the Helsink AirJet has a touch control module that allows you to set the timer, temperature plus other functionality of the tub.
- Comes with a leatheroid cover that has safety locks.
- Comes with massage and heat options for amazing relaxation.
- Its Tri-tech technology ensures that it does not leak.
- The walls have I-Beams for strength.
- It has a capacity of 222 gallons of water.
- The built-in Bluetooth music player is awesome.
- Despite its size, it heats up quickly.
- Can accommodate 6 people hence great for relaxing with your family.
- The AirJet bubbles are not strong enough.
- Occupies quite a lot of space due to its large size.
Factors to Consider when Choosing the Best Inflatable Hot Tub
There are several brands of inflatable hot tubs that you will have to choose from. However, since you are buying something that will help you or your family to relax and sooth your muscles after a tiresome day, you need to get the best inflatable hot tubs. They come in several sizes and shapes. Here are factors that you should consider in order to buy the best portable tub.
This is the most obvious factor that will determine the kind of inflatable hot tub that you will buy. The cost of inflatables spas vary depending on their sizes, brands or functionality. If you want a bigger tub or a tub with advanced functionalities, then you will have to pay more.
Comfort is very important since it is key to enjoying your tub experience. The degree of comfort varies from one inflatable tub to the other. If comfort is a top priority to you, then you should go for an inflatable tub that has contoured or padded seating. Other features that should not also miss in your hot tub are the soothing bubble jet and the timer.
3. Type of Material
The type and quality of material that are used to construct your inflatable hot tub will make or break it. The material needs to be durable enough and capable of withstanding puncture. You should therefore go for an inflatable tub that is constructed using either Fiber-Tech PVC or Dura-Tech PVC. These materials ensure that your tub is strong, tough and capable of resisting puncture.
Most inflatable hot tubs come with a bubble jet feature for creating a relaxing massage-feel. Ensure that the inflatable tub that you are buying has this feature.
Frequently Asked Questions about Inflatable Hot Tubs
After reading this article, we are sure you have some questions about inflatable hot tubs. Don’t worry since we have the answers. Here are some of the frequently asked questions we get every day and the answers.
What Is the Best Place to Set Up My Inflatable Tub?
What makes inflatable hot tubs very popular is that you can use them virtually anywhere. They are designed to be plugged into any standard outlet. As a result, you can set up your inflatable hot tub anywhere you feel like, provided there is enough space and a power plug to plug in your tub.
How Long Will It Take to Heat My Inflatable Hot Tub?
The inflatable hot tubs are similar to plug and play tubs when it comes to how long it will take to heat them up. For most inflatable tubs, it will take a maximum of 24 hours for them to reach their maximum temperature of 104 degrees Fahrenheit.
Are Inflatable Hot Tubs Noisy?
Generally, inflatable hot tubs operate quietly. This is a big plus if you are someone who enjoys being in a place that is peaceful and quiet.
Can Inflatable Tubs Handle Extreme Winter?
Inflatable hot tubs are designed to withstand hot and cold temperatures. However, there is a limit to what they can handle. That being said, if the temperature is below 34 degrees Fahrenheit, you should drain your tub and deflate it. This is because below that temperature, your tub may freeze and crack.
Now that you have made it to the end of this great piece about inflatable hot tubs, you have the right info to choose the best inflatable hot tub. We have also made it easy for you by reviewing 10 inflatable hot tubs for you so that you can pick one that you think will suit you.
When it comes to our pick, we recommend the Intex 6-Person Pure Spa Inflatable Heated Hot Tub. This is because it is fitted with its own pump and is large enough to accommodate up to 6 people. We also loved its built-in filtration system and the fact that it comes with a carry bag that makes it easy to store and transport.